Deloitte: Senior Data Engineer at Deloitte (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Oct 10, 2019
NOTE: We are looking for data engineers with experience building, deploying and maintaining data pipelines working with Spark, Python, Hadoop, Kafka and Cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
Senior Data Engineer-XSP
Locations: New York, NY – Greensboro, NC - Chicago, IL – Raleigh, Durham, Chapel-Hill, NC
At Deloitte Digital Marketing & Experience Services, we help marketers optimize their customer experience to win in the marketplace. We're combining data, decisioning and real-time delivery to build and manage customer data ecosystems that enable our clients to acquire, engage and retain customers in a dramatically different and improved manner. With customer data as a foundation, we help clients deliver dynamic, personalized customer experiences across all engagement channels using machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We’re growing fast and need brilliant Data Engineers like you to fuel our continuing innovation and help us scale. Along the way, you’ll find exceptional growth opportunities limited only by your hunger for learning and ability to apply best practice methodology in our start-up-like environment.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Data Engineer-XSP, you’ll design, implement and maintain a full suite of real-time and batch jobs that fuels our cutting-edge AI to provide real-time marketing intelligence to our existing clients.
You’ll develop, test and deliver production-grade code to help our clients solve their most critical marketing challenges using cutting-edge big-data tools. You’ll also ensure data integrity, resolve production issues, and assist in the support and maintenance of our overall platform.
As you grow your capabilities and learn how to build a platform that can ingest, load and process billions of data points, you’ll enjoy new challenges and opportunities to showcase your development skills by joining project teams to build innovative new-client platforms and execute high-value strategic development projects with high visibility.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data pipelines with state-of-the-art monitoring and logging practices.
- Bring together large, complex and sparse data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Design and implement data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to help them in building, optimizing and tuning our product.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Help in building high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
- Use a variety of languages, tools and frameworks to marry data and systems together.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, DevOps and Project Managers on meeting project goals.
- Tackle challenges and solve complex problems on a daily basis.
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients’ brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients’ marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
- Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development
- (web, mobile, social, physical)
- eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
- Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
- Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
- Marketing analytics implementation and operations
- Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
- Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
- Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
- 8+ years of experience in software development, a substantial part of which was gained in a high-throughput, decision-automation related environment.
- 4+ years of experience in working with big data using technologies like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, and NoSQL datastores.
- 3+ years of experience on distributed, high-throughput and low-latency architecture.
- 1+ years of experience deploying or managing data pipelines for supporting data-science-driven decisioning at scale.
- A successful track-record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Producing high-quality code in Python.
- Passionate about testing, and with extensive experience in Agile teams using SCRUM; you consider automated build-and-test to be the norm.
- Proven ability to communicate in both verbal and writing in a high performance, collaborative environment.
- Follows data development best practices, and enjoy helping others learn to do the same.
- An independent thinker who considers the operating context of what he/she is developing.
- Believes that the best data pipelines run unattended for weeks and months on end.
- Familiar with version control, you believe that code reviews help to catch bugs, improves code base and spread knowledge.
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time
Helpful, but not required:
- Knowledge in:
- Experience with large consumer data sets used in performance marketing is a major advantage.
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries is a plus.
- Well-versed in (or contributes to) data-centric open source projects.
- Reads Hacker News, blogs, or stays on top of emerging tools in some other way
- Data visualization
- Industry-specific marketing data
Technologies of Interest:
- Languages/Libraries – Python, Java, Scala, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HDFS, Parquet.
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google