Livewire Communications Inc.: Senior Front End Developer, with an eye for UX and Design at Livewire Communications Inc. (Toronto, ON, Canada) (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Posted: Nov 14, 2017
We put our clients first. Loving our job? We put that first too.
Livewire is an award-winning internal communications agency. And now, we’re expanding our digital team to include inhouse development. This front end role is a unique opportunity to start a dev team right, laying a solid foundation that can be built upon as the department grows.
As a Front End Developer, you’ll create a wide variety of digital assets, including:
- Navigable prototypes (through InVision and other tools)
- Responsive web and intranet sites
- Interactive learning modules
- Interactive kiosks and installations
- Mobile apps
- Banner ads, e-mails, and other interactive elements
But more than that, you’ll help us grow our digital department. That means:
- Working with our accounts, production, strategy, and creative teams to foster an understanding of our capabilities and the techniques and processes involved in creating digital assets.
- Establishing a set of development best practices (set things up the way you want them to work).
- Demonstrating leadership and assisting in expanding the team.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of direct experience designing, coding, and debugging web, intranet, and mobile assets, with a portfolio of projects that includes websites, kiosk, email, and mobile executions
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices including wireframes, storyboards, and user flows
- Experience working with AODA Policy
- An appetite for growth and the desire to build a department up
- Excellent English communication skills
- A sense of humour
- Experience building SCORM-compliant learning module content
- Knowledge of SharePoint
From day one, you’ll be working on interesting and complex challenges for large brands, but the scope of these projects will continue to increase as the dev team grows. In addition to further responsibilities within the Front End Developer role, there are other opportunities for advancement, including:
- Director of Technology: Reporting to the VP, Digital, the Director of Technology balances hands-on development work with technical leadership to support the scoping, creation, launch, and maintenance of a wide variety of digital solutions
- Channel Lead, Digital: This position is responsible for all aspects of operations for the Digital channel within Livewire, including team development and management, resourcing, and oversight of deliverables.