Dubizzle - an OLX company: Senior Front End Engineer at Dubizzle - an OLX company (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Posted: Jan 24, 2019
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer with a passion and talent for crafting a beautiful interface that is going to wow the user – but in addition to that you have a keen as ketchup interest in understanding the user experience and in discovering new technologies you can experiment around with. We’re a team of 4,000 ambitious, curious people building trading platforms that are used by hundreds of millions of people every month to buy and sell almost anything.
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver & improve features for our products in a fast-paced environment;
- Experiment with new front-end development technologies;
- Working closely with product owners on the feasibility of upcoming changes & providing accurate timelines of work;
- Working closely with our visual design team, to build up to standards HTML/CSS/JS components;
- Working closely with Software engineers to build, enhance & optimize dubizzle.com & other products;
- Ensure feature comparability across multiple browsers & platforms.
- Identify & address performance issues.
- Write clean, tested, modular & well-documented code.
Who we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field;
- Experience with Mobile-first & Responsive web design methodologies;
- Fair knowledge of preprocessors such as Sass (preferably), Stylus or LESS;
- Fair understanding of BEM, OOCSS or SMACSS methodologies;
- Experience with testing and developing across multiple browsers while maintaining a consistent experience;
- Fair understanding of MVC frameworks (Ember, Angular or Backbone);
- Understanding of build tools like Gulp or Webpack;
- Knowledge of Node.js is definitely a plus;
- Understanding of package management tools like bower & NPM;
- Fair understanding of AMD, UMD & Common JS patterns;
- Understanding of client-side performance issues;
- Good eye for design and UX;
- Experience with writing modular & reusable code;
- Understanding of version control systems (git);
- Understands how to use command line;
- Good understanding for using graphic applications like Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch;
- Experience with Python/Django is a plus;
- Experience with internationalization and working on websites with multiple languages is a plus.
What we’ll give you:
- A cool, tech focused environment
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Vibrant social scene
- Staff development & recognition plan
- 1 return flight to home country per year after one-year service
- Medical insurance for Family
- Tax free salary
What you need to know about us:
- Dubizzle is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +4000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.