GoCanvas: Senior Front End Engineer at GoCanvas (Reston, VA) (Reston, VA)
Posted: Jan 24, 2019
GoCanvas is on the lookout for an extremely talented Senior Front End Developer who has a passion and excitement for mobile devices and the mobile revolution. Your mission is to develop and improve the GoCanvas platform, helping make our vision for the GoCanvas product become a reality and unleashing the power of data for our tens of thousands of customers around the globe. Working within a small yet very innovative team environment, you’ll be doing incredibly meaningful work by ensuring GoCanvas continues to innovate and create highly scalable software systems for increased efficiency through each release.
Given our extremely collaborative environment and daily stand ups, you will be most successful working in our Reston headquarters on a daily basis having face-to-face contact with our team of developers, QA testers, designers, and project managers. A familiarity with Agile methodologies and process would be very helpful.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science
- 4-6 years of strong experience working in UI frameworks preferably with Product development and start up experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of serverside CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with architecting Single Page Applications (SPAs) using common design patterns
- Proficient understanding of crossbrowser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitBucket
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
What Your Success Looks Like
- Delivering successful projects on time and within budget that meet or exceed stakeholders’ expectations
- Demonstrating your knowledge of UI development by creating an amazing experience for our existing and prospective subscribers
- Demonstrating an excellence and reliability in execution
- Building relationships with and gaining the team’s trust by focusing on quality and consistency of development deliverables
GoCanvas is a cloud-based, mobile platform revolutionizing how work gets done. We help businesses join the mobile-first world, where digitalization is everything, by enabling expensive and inefficient paper forms and processes to be replaced with powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Trusted by thousands of well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull throughout more than 70 countries means there's a good chance you’ve been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, GoCanvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, The Wall Street Journal, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the GoCanvas technology, and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.