Worldwide Machinery: Senior Frontend Developer at Worldwide Machinery (Houston, TX) (Houston, TX)
Posted: Dec 23, 2018
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership, UX design & implementation, and driving the evolution of our proprietary software platform. The candidate must have a proven track record of success at all levels of frontend UX design and development using the latest technologies within team/agile processes.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious developer who wants to create modern, responsive, beautiful web applications. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about design and UX, building amazing, easy, and fun-to-use applications, and who wants to use their skills to learn and grow on our development team. The right candidate loves being part of a skilled team who constantly strives to be the best.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be designing product UX and flows, prototyping/wireframing, and developing the frontend for a beautiful, brand new cloud-delivered category killer. Your frontend will consume and deliver data from our open API-based cloud backend.
As a member of our Design and Development Team, you will work closely with our other designers, developers, and executive leadership to help design and implement an interface with a focus on clean, modern, responsive design, and cross-browser/device performance. You should be an expert in UX design and flow and have a good portfolio of sites you’ve worked on in the past. We are interested in developers who can take stakeholder concepts and turn them into an amazing yet functioning UX.
- 6+ years as a frontend software developer
- 6+ years in graphic design on a variety of complex projects
- Fluent in SQL (MSSQL preferred)
- Expert with Restful APIs
- UI/UX Design (layouts, mockflows, prototyping)
- Responsive Web Design
- Proven employment history designing complex web-delivered applications
- Portfolio showcasing your work (This requirement is a must and all candidates without a portfolio will not be considered)
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who is accountable for their own work product and is able to develop with a focused purpose
- Ability to work in a fast-paced challenging startup environment – someone who is a total self-starter who codes as a passion and looks to get better in their spare time
- Experience in web store/marketplace development is a massive plus
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Prototyping with XD, Invision, or similar