Posted: Mar 14, 2019
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Lounge: Sales and Supply
Reports to: Engineer Lead
Team Size:< 10
Recruiter Name: Kerry McCrum
Sales & Supply Tech builds and drives inhouse user facing applications and internal services on top of Zalando’s platform services. Our goal is to increase efficiency and effectiveness for our department, while also putting a strong focus on user experience and building applications that are beloved by our colleagues.
As a (Senior) Frontend Engineer in our team you will design and develop the next generation tooling for the Sales & Supply department with together with an experienced tech team.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the design and development of our internal planning tools; delivering efficient and user-friendly applications together with your team, product managers, and product designers.
- Own the whole development cycle: from architecture design to implementation, testing and maintenance of our products.
- Deliver high quality code; also, help to maintain a high level of code quality by helping to review your teammates’ codes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Expert knowledge of modern UI frameworks such as React or Vue as well as experience with LESS, SASS or other CSS preprocessors.
- A strong interest in direct and frequent interaction with the users, and an aptitude to discover and seize opportunities.
- Hands on experience with Redux and TypeScript is considered a plus, as well as an understanding of backend software development and APIs.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service, and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
ABOUT ZALANDO LOUNGE
Zalando Lounge is an online shopping club for fashion and lifestyle products in 11 European countries. We offer our members daily, time-limited sale campaigns with discounts of up to 75% off the recommended retail price. However, Zalando Lounge is so much more than discounts. Our strength lies in our focus on fashion: from sought-after labels to niche brands, from famous international names to trendy luxury brands, we make sure to meet the fashion taste of all our customers, who are always on the hunt for the best products at the best prices. Working with our brand partners, we're pioneering innovative supply-chain and production processes and offer them an impactful and smart solution, creating a new way to shop for fashion - and a new way to sell.
Our Sales & Supply Tech Team builds and drives our inhouse user facing applications and internal services on top of Zalando’s platform services. Our main goal is to increase efficiency and effectiveness for our department, while also putting a strong focus on user experience and building applications that are beloved by our colleagues.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.