Common Living Inc.: Senior frontend engineer that literally wants the change the way people live at Common Living Inc. (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Apr 11, 2019
Common is a high tech property manager making a big bet that we can build a better living experience, a strong residential brand, and a more scalable property management business by leveraging technology. Our secret sauce is designing and operating co-living apartment buildings. Our members get private furnished bedrooms, a beautiful fully furnished shared suite, weekly suite cleanings, laundry essentials, utility expenses included, household essentials like cookware and cleaning supplies fully stocked, WiFi, Smart TVs, Sonos speakers, keyless entry, and access to our community and curated events.
Today we operate 25 building in 6 cities and have more than 100 buildings in over 10 additional cities in our pipeline (and growing). Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65M in venture funding.
About the Role
As a frontend engineer at Common you will be responsible for building client-side products used by members, employees, and real estate development partners. We are on a mission to create software that delights our members through community and access to services that enrich the living experience. In addition to the technology we provide our members, we are re-envisioning and modernizing how property management software should be built to scale the operations and logistics of our homes.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- The desire to build beautiful, fast, and intuitive cross device applications
- Experience working with React
- Value code quality and maintainability
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, self-awareness, and optimism
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Understanding of programming patterns and software development principles
- A personality that encourages strong communication, collaboration, and relationship building
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a whatever it takes attitude
- A passion for Common and our mission to improve the way people live
Bonus Points If You Have
- Worked in an industry with substantial complexity and regulation (e.g. health, legal, accounting, banking, etc.)
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Prior experience with GraphQL
- Contribute to open source
- Worked in a continuous deployment environment before
- Experience with TypeScript