Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group: Senior Full Stack Developer at Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group (Wakefield, MA) (Wakefield, MA)
Posted: Sep 11, 2019
If you are interested in using state of the art eCommerce applications to help us sell specialty insurance products, this could be the job for you!
If you are well versed in the full stack of technology that makes up an eCommerce website, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer in the Wakefield, MA office.
Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group, a member of the Tokio Marine group of companies, is a market leader in providing specialized insurance products for the sports, entertainment and promotional industries. We provide an unmatched portfolio of products including event cancellation, high limit disability, kidnap and ransom, weather, travel, event liability and much more. We cover major sports and entertainment events, professional athletes and entertainers and other unique assets.
The Senior Full Stack Developer will be responsible for all stages of the development lifecycle including but not limited to reviewing the specification/requirements documents, designing, coding, testing and deploying code to different environments. We are looking for candidates with strong software development skills including SQL Database and backend experience. This position will report to the Applications Development Manager and will work with other developers in the Wakefield office.
- Learn existing systems: Within the first 6 months, learn existing legacy systems and refactor/rewrite it using modern technology and tools.
- Attain an average of two work items per day: Within the first 6 months, work on the Team Foundation Server (TFS) issue list for enhancements and bug fixing and attain an average of two TFS work items per day.
- Launch a new product line: By the end of 2019, launch a new product line to the existing eCommerce application with very limited external help.
- Independently make modifications to a new element of technology: By second quarter of 2020, learn at least one new technology element used for integration, including BizTalk and/or WebAPI, and start making modifications independently.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience required
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive Web Development experience required
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Web Services/APIs required
- SQL Server DDL and DML experience required
- Agile development experience in a scrum environment required
Travel Expectations (if applicable)
- Travel Percentage: Up to 5%
- Occasional travel for training and conferences
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.