Babbel (Lesson Nine GmbH): Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Babbel (Lesson Nine GmbH) (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Feb 13, 2020
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning.
In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 750 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for Senior Full-Stack Engineers to join our office in Berlin!
In your role as a Senior Engineer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning while working in a challenging environment. Working together with ambitious colleagues, you will be collaborating and diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. You will contribute to a great architecture and build the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application.
- Experience building scalable systems and applications using languages like Ruby or Node.JS
- Experience with at least one component-based frontend framework like React
- Testing experience on different levels: unit, integration, contract and E2E
- Knowledge of analysing metrics about system health and performance
- Experience with distributed systems
- Understanding on lean and agile practices
- Willingness to cooperate with product and business stakeholders building together a trust working environment
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Love for an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Deliver value iteratively by building high-quality applications and features
- Build, maintain, and take ownership of a rich ecosystem of applications and services
- Be part of feature teams and build end-to-end customer features
- Ensure that the systems you own are healthy, resilient, and perform well
- Collaborate cross-functionally on feature design, architectural decisions, and assessing technical debt
- Work with cutting-edge tools and services like Terraform to shape our AWS infrastructure or DataDog to visualise our metrics
- Shape our coding guidelines and quality standards
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).