ING: Senior Full Stack Engineer Digital Channels at ING (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Oct 17, 2019
ING is looking for an experienced (mid-senior level) Dev engineer to strengthen its development team that delivers complex mission-critical software solutions for the Global digital channels space.
If you want to work at a place where we care about scoring high on The Joel Test, where we believe that you can live by the agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary compliance and QA measures, where we find that the problem chooses the language/technology and not the other way around, where we are committed to fostering a proper engineering culture and building a high-productivity team of smart Dev engineers with the getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus will be on building ING’s:
- Multi-product and multi-country ING Wholesale Banking Portal, which gives clients integrated access to Wholesale Banking products and services.
- Other in-house software solutions in response to business needs.
- In addition to developing complex software solutions, you will also contribute to:
- Streamlining our development process all the way from code check-ins to deployment into production in collaboration with Ops colleagues (using the best tools that we can find: e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, …).
- Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Wholesale Banking Digital Channels.
We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Profile (desired skills & experience)
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications.
- You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- You have real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns, combined with an ability to succinctly convey design information using suitable tools (e.g. the UML, BPMN).
- Good knowledge OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems (e.g. Linux).
- You have sound knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc). Knowledge of NoSQL datastores, while not mandatory, is a strong nice-to-have.
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8+ including the Spring framework 4.x/5.x and Spring Boot 2.x
- Knowledge of Kotlin is an important nice-to-have.
- Experience with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.
What do we offer
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Very important is individual development of our employees and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. In addition we offer:
- an excellent salary
- a thirteenth month
- life-course savings scheme