Senior Game Artist
Posted: Dec 2, 2019
Big Fish is looking for some fresh talent to join the pond at their Oakland office. Work with our accomplished illustrators and animators to deliver high quality art and develop your skillset along the way. We nurture our artists, allowing them to experiment and to continually improve their craft. Life drawing every month and regular "Free-Fridays" allow the creative team to explore new ways to contribute. Our games have diverse visual styles ranging from photo-realism to retro cartoon design. Come collaborate with us to ensure each new project is fresh, original and fun!
Our ideal candidate must be highly proficient in 2D digital illustration. The candidate should also be able to handle multiple projects, show an eagerness to accommodate design feedback and have the skillset to mentor our other artists. If you know your way around Blender or an equivalent 3D program, that is a plus.
- The ideal candidate would have the ability to create multiple style variations on a theme and work closely with the art director, game designer and UX designer to arrive at the best visual solutions.
- Create backgrounds, game objects, and UI elements for mobile and web apps.
- Collaborate with team members to consistently deliver final game assets in a timely manner while also being able to work as a highly productive sole contributor.
- Be comfortable working in a variety of visual styles while sometimes proposing new styles when needed.
Skills, attributes and experience you should bring to the table:
- 5+ year of applicable game work
- At least one shipped title or the equivalent.
- Solid mastery of color, lighting, and layout.
- The ability to mentor other artists, provide constructive feedback and set art direction.
- Extremely fluent in and efficient with Photoshop
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills across disciplines and the ability to adapt to new creative challenges. Able to clearly communicate proposed designs through thumbnails and mockups.
- Self-driven artist that takes initiative on projects, with the curiosity to understand and solve creative challenges.
Bonus experience that would be nice to have:
- Asset creation for mobile games
- Working knowledge of Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Blender, Unity or an equivalent 3D program
- Animation in Spine
- Familiarity with graphic design fundamentals including typography
- Art Degree
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that's why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.