Senior Graphic Designer
Posted: Sep 8, 2020
We are seeking a skilled graphic designer to join our marketing team. This individual should be well-versed in Adobe Illustrator, and have intermediate knowledge of isometric design. They will be collaborating very closely with our Creative Marketer, and be assisting with managing our talented Illustrator. View design style: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18dO5iiPVGIHUzb9rN-dCQPc6mT85h4y_
You will be responsible for updating our Brand Guidelines across all our 3 core businesses, and finalising any major design draft.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging platform, delivering messages since 2008. We pride ourselves on providing an online messaging service with a focus on enhancing customer experiences, scaling conversational commerce, artificial intelligence, and advanced API solutions. Innovation is what we strive for, as we are not a company that stands still.
This position is open to candidates living in Canada or the United States. Candidates residing in Vancouver (British Columbia) will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time. The majority of the marketing team currently resides in Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We genuinely listen to feedback, and action good ideas. New technology is embraced, and we are not afraid to implement change. Join an environment where you can grow, celebrate wins, and expect a team approach when it comes to tackling difficult challenges.
Your main responsibilities will include:
50%: Adobe Illustrator
- Polishing our brand guidelines, and enhancing all our company assets
- Applying our brand guidelines to all our creatives
- Ad design
25%: Web Design via Adobe XD or Unbounce
- Initial drafts to be designed via Adobe Illustrator
- Passover final designs and document UX in XD to our developers
- Assist in improving overall visual CX across all web assets
15%: Research and collaboration
- Work with our creative team to test fresh design concepts
- Contribute more efficient processes within the design team
- Recommending new design trends as they arise
10%: Special project assistance + professional development
- We manage 3 core messaging brands, each with a unique set of service offerings. You will be given the opportunity to diversify your workload depending on your skillset and performance.
- Depending on your strengths, and how you would like to develop your skills - this component will be customised to suit your professional goals.
Skills, Experience & Qualities
Must provide a link to a public portfolio with 8+ projects to apply
5+ years of experience in graphic design
- 2+ years of experience in web design
- Expert: Adobe Illustrator + ability to modify isometric vectors
- Intermediate: Adobe XD and Google Slides
- Basic: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate and After Effects skills
- Highly responsive, organised, and naturally motivated
- Excellent time management
- SAAS experience is a bonus
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Compensation: $58,000 - $63,000 per year (CDN)
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days. Canadian Holidays.
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday
(10:00am-6:30pm, 10:30am-7:00pm, 11:00am-7:30pm, 11:30am-8:00pm PST time)
- Location: Canada or the United States
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly team building activities (company wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- Wework membership + private office access
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage