FortressIQ: Senior Graphic Designer at FortressIQ (San Francisco, CA) (San Francisco, CA)
Posted: Feb 6, 2020
At FortressIQ we’re developing process cognition technologies that understand how businesses operate. We’re improving people’s work lives by helping to automate routine tasks, allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. We’re applying the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning to deliver the insights and tools businesses need to empower the digital workforce. We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, dramatically improving their organizational understanding. If you’re interested in designing and building a new category of business tools, and radically improving operations for some of the largest companies in the world, join us.
What You'll Accomplish
We are a small, fast-growing team with design needs across multiple departments. You will have a chance to interact with multiple stakeholders across almost every department, including the CEO/C-suite through: branding and laying out pitch decks, building sales materials and re-usable content and templates, guiding the design of our website, visually interpreting our technology and turning it into great customer-facing content. A lot of the work you will do requires deep knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint (and Keynote) since much of the content is presented and consumed online. You’ll be helping to create several different pitch decks for customers and prospects across industries and verticals, as well as produce internal training content for our sales team. We also have content needs to keep the steady stream of leads coming to us from both online and offline sources. We will need a lot of design and layout work to keep content fresh and new, as well as visually interesting. As part of a small but growing team, this position comes with a lot of visibility and potential, with the ability to shape and define how we best visually represent our technology. This position reports to the senior product marketing manager, with dotted lines to others in the organization.
- 5+ years of experience designing various pieces of content, ideally for a software/high tech brand
- Highly skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other Creative Cloud products
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PPT with experience redesigning various PPT presentations
- Experience with Invision or Marvel
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, and other modern design applications
- Knowledge of design fundamentals—usability, typography, color theory, grids, etc.
- Ability to present ideas & decisions written, verbally and visually
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Ability to collaborate with and work across various teams, take constructive feedback and adjust design needs accordingly
- Fast-learner with exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and execute quickly
- Willingness to take on additional marketing tasks as needed
- 1-2 years marketing experience in a start-up environment
- Motion design skills (After Eects)
- Understanding of HTML and how programming a website works
- 3D design skills
- Good illustration skills
- Experience with B2B subscription-based products or a SaaS platform a plus
- Previous experience designing content targeting Fortune 100 organizations
- Prior knowledge or passion for artificial intelligence technology
- Flexible, able to quickly adapt to evolving business needs
FortressIQ defines security, insights and governance in enterprise business automation and AI. Based in San Francisco, and backed by Lightspeed Ventures and some of the other best names in venture capital, we’re building the defining platform for managing automation within the Global 2000. We believe that algorithms and bots work best when they’re managed like employees: given the tools they need to succeed while being held to clear standards of success. Our mission is to help this new ‘digital workforce’ thrive within the enterprise by addressing the security, compliance and data problems endemic to using today’s automation platforms at scale.