Senior Graphic Designer
Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Labor Day Creative is an established design firm which started in 2000. We are a small firm: Two people, both designers. We work on a wide range of client projects including branding and marketing for some of the world's largest companies, small independent retail businesses and educational institutions. In our twenty years of business, this is only the third time we've had an open design position.
Projects include corporate branding, Web, marketing communications materials, publications, and identities as well as an increased focus on Corporate Social Responsibility reports.
In addition to design, direct client interaction and management is a role you will take on as well. We are proud of our track record with client relationships, which is a main component of our longevity. For us, the client experience is just as important as the end product. 100% of our new business is a result of client referral.
Our clients range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Manufacturing companies, investment banks, schools, consultancies, and even local cultural institutions and non-profits. The wide range of clients keeps the work interesting, and many of the projects relating to sustainability make the work important. We particularly enjoy taking on projects which help to make the world a better place.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned designer who wants to work independently and be able to enjoy life outside of the office environment. Collaboration is done via phone and online chat with the occasional get together. In-person client meetings are more and more a rarity.
Hate to commute? We work remotely with no central office. The right candidate will be provided with a Mac system to use at their work location (which can be your home). A greater Boston area residency would be great, but we are open to candidates outside the area and even outside the region. A perfect work scenario during the age of the global pandemic!
This is a full time, salaried position. Work hours are 9-5, M-F. We value our time away from work, and through efficiency and experience, we are able to claim nights and weekends for ourselves.
For more info about the work we do, visit our website at labordaycreative.com.
- Oversee design and production of all online and offline marketing material
- Conceptualize and execute the creative design strategy behind design and marketing materials
- Design and produce a wide array of media including interactive PDF, print, Web, environmental graphics and video.
- 5+ years of creative design experience. We will consider candidates with less experience if they prove to have the right combination of skillset and personality.
- Expertise using design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD as well as the dreaded Office suite; Understanding the right ways to create and maintain design files is very important.
- Understanding color management in Web vs. print environments.
- Comfortable with clients, from marcomm managers to c-suite executives; This includes the ability to clearly explain design concepts during creative presentations
- Expertise with the Squarespace and Wordpress CMS platforms. Some coding knowledge is a huge plus.
- Basic video animation and editing is a huge plus.
- Strong typography skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- Strong writing skills and a keen eye for the importance of copy as it relates to design.
- Illustration skills are a huge plus
- Print and web file production expertise; experience with press-checks and understanding the complexities of print production is huge.
- Graphic Design
Employment Type: Full-time