Senior Industrial Designer
Posted: May 30, 2019
Huemen is looking for an adventurous, passionate, and accomplished individual with world class design sensibility to join our client facing Industrial Design department in our New York office. The Senior ID will define and deliver unique, intuitive and appealing product experiences and brand identities for our clients. Successful candidates will deeply understand the customer journey and own the product vision from a high level as well as execute designs at a detailed level. The individual will work in close collaboration with our clients dynamic and authentic brands, ensuring creativity and consistency across all product related touchpoints globally.
The Senior ID will possess an exceptional voice to execute against their vision within the context of globally recognized brands. Extensive experience in Industrial Design, manufacturing techniques and material knowledge, paired with deep understanding of branding is essential. The Senior ID will take a collaborative approach to partnering internally with Business Development, UIUX Design and Marketing Services.
- Inspire and cultivate a creative culture
- Responsible for maintaining quality of work and timely delivery of project assets
- Interface with design team stakeholders across various locations.
- Enhance product design vision through exposure to new product design and user experiences.
- Develop & lead Industrial Design and design language guidelines for Huemen clients.
- Create & lead Industrial Design across multiple brands and deliver compelling presentations
- Envision and deliver innovative product concepts to improve brand & product communication
- Collaborate with Business Development to help acquire and win new clients for Huemen
- Develop & communicate captivating product design presentations internally at Huemen as well as externally in front of clients
- Strive to evolve clients future brand design language strategy
- Help to evolve creative processes to improve efficiency
- Represent Huemen Design across various departments and divisions internally at Harman as well as externally.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of product- and industrial design and brand development
- Good knowledge and understanding of all phases of the design process from trend research and design strategy to concept development and execution
- Must have a solid understanding and desire to keep up to date with innovation trends, industry trends, and design trends with a specific focus on consumer electronics
- Knowledge of relevant software, tools, and processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Highly driven and proactive self-starter - taking on a task without much context and driving it through to the end.
- The ability to work seamlessly with leaders across multiple functions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in product/industrial design
- Fluent in English. Additional language is a plus
- US Citizen / US Visa
- Willingness to travel at least 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in the New York, NY office
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.