Marketcircle: Senior Infrastrcuture Engineer at Marketcircle () (allows remote)
Posted: Mar 7, 2019
Are you a software developer that loves the option of working from home, collaborating with a fun team, and enjoy solving challenging problems? If so, we're looking for an experienced software developer to join our Backend Team. This team is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the backend services for our apps. You will be a highly motivated team player, as well as creative and passionate about developing new technology that not only improves the way our apps work, but also helps small businesses world wide. You are a self-starter and aren’t afraid to jump in on the deep end. Why you’ll love working at Marketcircle:
- Work remotely! No one likes having to battle traffic during rush-hour on a daily basis, so you don’t have to!
- Startup style company. You won’t find any of that corporate BS here!
- Ownership. We give you the freedom and flexibility to take ownership of your work. In fact, we believe in this so much that its one of our core values.
- Learn. We invest in our employees both vertically and horizontally. Want to attend a conference? Great! Want to learn the latest language? We have unlimited Udemy courses.
- Team. Our team is like our second family. And why shouldn’t they be? We work, learn, eat and in some cases even live with each other!
- an experienced software developer, with some experience building backend services
- comfortable working remotely
- comfortable working independently or collaboratively
- willing to participate in a rotating on-call schedule
You’ll be working on:
- a HTTP/REST API written in Ruby (you will probably spend most of you time here)
- an Authentication/Payment backend written in Ruby
- a PostgreSQL database with a custom C extension to track changes
- a solid understanding of modern backend applications
- experience with modern API design and ideally know your way around in a web framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django, or Sinatra
- experience with a either Ruby, Python, or a similar scripting language
- an appreciation for well written, tested and documented code
- experience with Linux or a BSD
- experience with Git and GitHub
Bonus Points for:
- experience with infrastructure management tools (like Puppet, Ansible or Chef) (we use Ansible)
- experience with cloud infrastructure providers (like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or DigitalOcean)
- knowing your way around the network stack, from HTTP to TCP to IP and have a solid understanding of security (TLS/ IPSec/Firewalls)
How to Apply: Send your resume over to jobs[at]marketcircle[dot]com and be sure to include why you’d be the best fit for this role.