Senior Interactive Designer
Posted: Dec 19, 2018
Ketra is a fast-growing technology brand that is transforming how people experience light. From our Natural Light solutions that shift throughout the day to mimic sunlight to our full spectrum of high quality, tunable whites and colors, we're reinventing what's possible with indoor lighting. Our brand speaks to innovative leaders in architecture, design and home/building automation who believe in a human-centric approach to interior design and connectivity.
Ketra was founded in 2009, with a disruptive LED lighting system rooted in its patented driver chip and feedback system, catching the attention of top architects, lighting designers and leading industry press. Since then, we've expanded our footprint from leading workplace and hospitality spaces, to world-class museums and luxury residences.
In April 2018, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics, an established leader in lighting controls and shades with a rich history in manufacturing excellence. Pairing Ketra's innovative lighting technology with Lutron's world-class controls and automated shades brings exciting and new possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Ketra is seeking a graphic designer to support our mission to transform the experience of light. Based in Austin, Texas, our marketing team works closely with key stakeholders across the organization to deliver industry leading communications across multiple mediums.
We seek problem solvers and self starters who are experienced in creating elegant solutions in a fast paced, startup culture looking to deliver excellence on all fronts.
- Implement design systems and style guides across a variety of different mediums with a focus on interaction and responsive design
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Work closely with Creative Director and Digital Marketing Director to rapidly prototype solutions
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to front end developers, stakeholders and external software development team
- Work within CMS environments such as Hubspot to create 1-to-1 design comps
- Visual QA all design assets
- Help conceptualize and execute brand expressions for packaging, web, trade show and showroom contexts
- Help visualize data and tell stories through graphic assets such as infographics
- Develop creative solutions to help people experience the transformative power of light
Understanding of user centered design methods and processes
Deep understanding of front end development
5+ years of experience as a graphic designer
Strong portfolio of interaction design projects that shows an ability to solve problems through design
Understanding of Research Methods
Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
Proficient in design software (e.g. Sketch, InVision, CS)
Holistic problem solver with ability to juggle deadlines
Excellent communication skills
BSc in Design or Communications-related field
Experience designing for residential or luxury products is a plus
Lutron Electronics is the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide. Our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at careers.lutron.com