ING: Senior iOS Developer - Amsterdam at ING (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
ING is looking for an experienced (mid-senior level) iOS Mobile Dev Engineer to strengthen its development team that delivers complex mission-critical mobile solutions for the Global Digital Channels space.
If you want to work at a place where we you have an impact to work on the mobile app that will be available worldwide to the wholesale clients of a leading global bank, where we care about scoring high on The Joel Test, where we believe that you can live by the agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary compliance and QA measures, where we find that the problem chooses the language/technology and not the other way around, where we are committed to fostering a proper engineering culture and building a high-productivity team of smart Dev engineers with the getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus will be on building ING’s:
- Native mobile and tablet applications for iOS for our multi-product and multi-country ING Wholesale Banking InsideBusiness app (https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/ing-insidebusiness/id989110054), which gives clients integrated access to Wholesale Banking products and services. The app is available to ING Wholesale Banking customers world-wide.
- Streamlining our development process all the way from code check-ins, peer code reviews, static code analysis, to running automated functional regressions test against the backend APIs (using the best tools that we can find: e.g. Jira, GitLab, Jenkins, Firebase, …).
- Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Global Digital Channels.
We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build and how far we are.
Profile (desired skills & experience)
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications.
- You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- You have real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns, combined with an ability to succinctly convey design information using suitable tools (e.g. the UML, BPMN).
- Excellent knowledge of Swift/Objective-C and CocoaTouch, plus a minimum of 3 years of solid experience with the iOS platform.
- Knowledge of other modern OO languages especially Kotlin, Java and ability to develop for Android, while not mandatory, will be greatly valued.
- While not a must-have, basic knowledge of OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, Windows Server 2012/2016) will come in handy
- Even though not mandatory, experience with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. python, ruby, etc.) will be highly valued.
- You have basic knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc). Knowledge of NoSQL datastores, while not mandatory, is a strong nice-to-have.
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Are you keen to know more or apply?
For further inquiries, please contact Lead Recruiter for WBTech [email protected]
We are looking forward to getting to know you!