AUTO1: Senior Java Engineer (d/f/m) at AUTO1 (Madrid, Spain) (Madrid, Spain)
Posted: Jun 12, 2019
What you will do:
- Design, develop, drive: Solution design, development, testing, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our service oriented platform with currently 200+ restful microservices
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems, in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Raise the bar: Your personal skill set and solid experience bring direct impact to our teams. By sharing your views and experiences, you add to our diverse culture which makes everyone of us better every day.
- Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and creating tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated.
- We currently use spring-cloud, java8, postgres 9.5 with jsonb types, mysql, elasticsearch and a nice bunch of AWS technologies like ec2, ecs with docker, s3, rds, sqs/sns, elasticache and some lambdas.
- Dealing with tons of microservices has its own challenges and they require creative approaches.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers.
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a core committer to a two digit number of our applications (js: modules), being broadly as much as deeply experienced with technical and business challenges in your team and its direct vicinity. You’re a sought out mentor for most of the topics you have been working on and your work is stable and reliable.
What you should bring:
- You are very smart and can understand complex problems swiftly
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in java programming
- Java: You have a good understanding of the JVM. You are fluid in modern java and know the possibilities of the language and can apply them in every-day and really tricky scenarios
- You are fluid in modern java and know most of the possibilities of the language and can apply them in every-day scenarios. You know what the equals and hashcode contract is and why it is important.
- You have a passionate opinion on how a restful APIs should ideally look like, but you’re not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business
- You bring at least 5 years large scale professional experience with spring based technologies and hands on experience with spring boot, spring cloud or the Netflix oss stack, ideally in cloud environments.
- You must have a good level of English and Spanish or Portuguese.
What you will get:
Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies
Relocation support that includes assistance with visa, apartment search and refund of moving cost (if needed)
A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Madrid with free drinks & fruits
Team and company events
Flexible working hours
Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
+34 911232866 ext. 2851