trivago N.V.: Senior Java Software Engineer - Search Backend at trivago N.V. (Düsseldorf, Germany) (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Posted: Jul 11, 2018
Our Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search for their ideal hotel at the best rate.
We are looking for a versatile individual who is passionate about their craft and has the ambition to push technology forward. You will be a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. With your technical expertise, you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice.
- Build and maintain Java-based applications in the very heart of our Search Engine, processing millions of search requests every day, spread over multiple datacenters worldwide
- Play a leading role and take ownership in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: contribute back to open source projects or open-source something yourself.
- Challenge and rethink ideas around our users' journey to their ideal hotel.
- Craft applications that scale from a local developer environment to global, hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- Contribute your own improvement ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more.
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field or have equivalent experience.
- You are an awesome engineer that is more than comfortable writing at least one JVM language, most importantly Java, fluently.
- You have good understanding of the internals of the JVM, esp. around the topics of Garbage Collection, Memory and Threading.
- You have experience in designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code.
- You have excellent knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- You are an experienced user of NoSQL technologies, like Redis or Cassandra.
- You are fluent in English, our company language.
- You hold a master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- You have good experience in building cloud native applications.
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook - @lifeattrivago.