Arm: Senior Machine Learning Research Scientist at Arm (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Oct 12, 2017
About the role
Arm-Research’s Machine Learning Group investigates emerging ML technologies and applications and how best to deploy them wherever computing happens; from always-on sensors, to mobile phones, and to the cloud. This role is an opportunity not only to work in the rapidly-growing field of ML, but to research innovative applications deployed to Arm – the center of the world’s most ubiquitous compute platforms.
ML research at Arm adds extra dimensions to the already challenging problems of tomorrow – not only do we care about model accuracy but also about optimizing energy consumption on deeply embedded devices, maintaining QoS across a wide variety of mobile hardware, and scaling ML to billions of connected devices in the internet of things.
What will I be accountable for?
- Identify and investigate key machine learning technologies and algorithms, and determine how they’ll impact Arm products and partners
- Interface with product teams to develop new IP and microarchitectures
- Report and present experimental results and research findings to key stakeholders around the company
- Publish the results of your research to contribute to the overall progress of our field
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS or PhD in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of machine learning/deep learning.
- Good understanding of CPU and GPU microarchitecture
- Strong GPU/CPU programming skills
- Scientific, data-driven, objective mindset
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.