Senior Motion Graphics Designer
Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Sr. Motion Graphics Designer
Ford Motor Company, Product Development, Design
Location: Dearborn MI OR will consider remote home based work
Job Description & Qualifications
Join a team of highly creative individuals that are building next level in-vehicle digital experiences. Our diverse group is seeking a UI Motion Designer to help conceive the systems that will permeate the entire Ford and Lincoln ecosystem. Are you the kind of motion designer who obsesses over the details, lives for pixel perfection, and can create nuanced motion strategies across many touch points? Do you love new technology? Do you have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI patterns? In this role, you will collaborate with coders and designers across many disciplines: 2D, 3D, UX & UI - all harmonizing to actualize stunning results.
Help shape the future of Ford's in-vehicle experience. Join us in constructing solutions that consider how current and future interactions create a closer connection to the customer. We are looking for someone who moves fast and thinks faster. This is an agile environment where the abilities to multitask and self-start are a must. Engage, iterate, and innovate in a new and growing department that is on the forefront of revolutionizing the auto industry as we know it.
- Support the UX vision by producing nuanced and highly crafted motion and behavioral artifacts
- Able to transform static 2D UI elements into rich, immersive visuals that come to life
- Purposefully imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive motion language from concept-to-implementation
- Strive for uncompromised design fidelity while being mindful of production efficiency
- Able to translate motion languages to development teams for seamless implementation
- Ability to balance work within a fluid creative design environment and with tight timelines & engineering frameworks
- Exhibit passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and excellence in visual design
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Connect time-based visualizations along with UX prototyping approaches to illustrate interactivity
- Utilize software skills in latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & After Effects), Sketch, InVision Studio (or equivalent) 3D visualization and UX prototyping tools
- Employ a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges
- Work is in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment
Please include a link to your portfolio and demo reel in your resume.
- Bachelor's degree in Animation, Digital + Media, or related field
- 3+ years of professional animation/visual effects experience OR in lieu of professional work experience, and Masters or higher design degree.
- Exceptional visual design skills with sensitivity to intelligent system interactions
- Experience in 3D modeling in C4D, Maya or similar toolset
- Knowledgeable in Human-Centered design thinking approach, techniques and philosophy
- Ability to storyboard, edit video, and generate audio propositions
- Current with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot edit/technical problems
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills
- Automotive experience is preferred, candidates that have relevant creative work experience and exceptional work in digital product design solutions are a fit
The distance between imagination and ... creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader. You'll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products ?and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered. Ford Motor Company and Agency positions are available in both Dearborn, MI and Irvine, CA studios.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link below.