Senior Product Designer / Design Lead
Posted: Aug 6, 2022
We're looking for someone who can be a leader and a collaborator as we continue to grow our team. As a lead designer, you'd coordinate the team in the design process and work with our clients and project managers, pushing everyone to create highly-polished, interactive, and technically-sound user interfaces and web-based experiences. This is a fully remote position.
Planetary is a product studio where happiness, empathy, and exploration are our core values. We want to inspire our clients and build products that will make them (and their customers) successful. We design and develop everything from consumer-facing websites to B2B-focused web and mobile apps, creating unique experiences and distilling complex requirements into digestible interfaces.
We began as a remote team and, as such, have a comfortable work environment including:
- Flexible hours and autonomy over your time
- The ability to work from anywhere you'd like
- A healthy work/life balance
You're an experienced designer: obsessed with detail and excited about the web. You do your best work on teams, and feel comfortable driving the process from start to finish. You have experience presenting to clients and coordinating with a team to deliver quality work on a schedule you've helped define.
You will be regularly:
- working on user experience and visual design across a variety of client projects
- presenting designs to clients, soliciting feedback, and doing user research
- setting delivery schedules in coordination with the project manager
- coordinating hand-offs between design and development
We work with a variety of clients on a range of projects requiring different tools, libraries, and approaches.
In short, you should:
- have at least 4 years of team-based experience designing user interfaces and interactive web experiences
- be able to design for both complex UIs and marketing-centric web experiences
- work quickly, research thoroughly, question assumptions, and iterate often
- seek feedback and contributions from other designers and developers
- feel comfortable working directly with and presenting to clients
- be able to clearly articulate plans and purpose behind a design approach to the team or a client
We'd love to hear about your
- past design work
- preferred prototyping tools
- favorite food experience
We're big on work/life balance ? you should be able to enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy. To that end, we emphasize flexible hours, quality healthcare, remote working, and generous paid time off.
Sound like your kind of job? If so, apply here or send a concise email to [email protected] Please send along a link to your portfolio and/or examples of past work (and a GitHub account, if you code!).