smava GmbH: Senior Product Designer (m/f/d) at smava GmbH (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Are you up for a successful grown-up start-up headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest fintech employers and has received several awards, including the prize for Top Employer 2020 and for being one of the 50 most promising start-ups in Europe. Become part of the smava story now and let us grow together! We are smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
To support our Product and Design team we are looking for you in full-time as a:
Senior Product Designer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who wants to:
- Work on product design (UX/UI), embedded in a cross-functional agile team, working with your peers in product and engineering
- Work on discovery and research
- Help coach designers in best design practices, and instil a design culture in the teams
- Bring together the experience across the journey
- Support the Team Lead in DesignOps
- Lead and influence the design culture
- Empower others, sharing honest feedback and making room for others to shine
Our design team is made up of product designers, researchers and graphic designers. We work with product managers, engineers, analytics, marketing, customer success staff and more. We believe in a collaborative, lean and hypothesis-driven approach to our work.
In addition to designers being embedded in product teams, we spend time together in the Design & Research team. During corona, we’ve been doing remote beers and lunches and having open learning sessions where we can grow together. We have invested effort to build our design culture and have a strong team spirit.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Working on the experience of our website and other customer touch points
- Be a partner in your quad with your Product Manager, Engineering Lead, and Agile Coach and collaborate with other disciplines e.g. Customer Service
- Working on discovery to shape the future of our product
- Supporting the Team Lead on DesignOps initiatives to empower the team
- Mentor designers on good design process and influence
- Balance influencing around your design rationale vs knowing when it’s time to disagree and commit
- Being hypothesis-driven and lean
Here are some skills you’re good at:
- With around 5+ years of experience in hand, you’re very good at understanding user needs and creating great user experiences
- Strong design process, UX/UI skills, and research experience or potential to grow in this area
- Good understanding of research and the potential to grow in this area
- You understand the difference between discovery and delivery
- You understand the ‘product’ part of design: viability and feasibility, data, the difference between the vision and how to split it into shippable increments, negotiation with your peers
- Good design facilitation and collaboration
- You are strong in leadership skills and set a good example for the team
- Coaching other designers on process
- A growth mindset, pro-activity, positivity and able to receive feedback and give constructive feedback
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, lean UX
- Fluent in English
- Service design experience
- Copy-writing skills
- Brand experience
- Fluent in German
“Loving this team so bad already.”
- Artur, Research Team, during his onboarding.