Dubizzle - an OLX company: Senior Python Engineer, Dubai at Dubizzle - an OLX company (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Posted: Jan 6, 2019
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer who is a talented pythonista and is interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. You will be conceiving, designing and delivering the most complex products and pushing the boundaries of perfection. We’re a team of 4,000 ambitious, curious people building trading platforms that are used by hundreds of millions of people every month to buy and sell almost anything.
What you will be doing:
• Hit the ground running - Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the dubizzle code base and technologies stack within weeks;
• Lead planning sessions around new product features, deliver detailed roll-out/roll-back strategies for releases.
• Research and apply industry trends as part of your daily work;
• Create unit tests in accordance with our established standards to cover assigned work;
• Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
• Actively contribute in post-release maintenance issues;
• Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
• Pioneer reliability and efficiency of our current code base, platforms and/or core systems;
• Impact on the direction and scope of dubizzle’s technical vision within your stream;
• Define the architecture of your product steam;
• Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
• Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
• Code review all major pull requests, defining programming standards and providing constructive feedback.
• Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a mentor within the scope of your product stream (and outside of it when required);
• Capacity to push back requirements when incomplete;
• Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
• Liaises with the other back end engineers within your product stream, the QA team, design team and your Tech Team Lead;
• Liaise with other tech teams to share innovations from your stream
Who we’re looking for:
• 6+ years of professional back-end software engineering experience.
• Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;
• Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure;
• Leadership qualities and driven to gain insight into different new and old technologies;
• Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided;
• 4+ years of experience in analysis, design, coding and implementation of next generation web applications in Python and Django;
• 2+ years of experience in API based architectures (eg SOA);
• Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
• Maintain and ensure optimal software quality within the assigned product;
• Mentor and develop a product vertical team of excellent back end engineers that deliver high-quality code;
• Lead product planning meetings and architect solutions within your stream;
What we’ll give you:
• A cool, tech focused environment
• Flexible working hours
• Casual dress code
• Vibrant social scene
• Staff development & recognition plan
• 1 return flight to home country per year after one-year service
• Medical insurance for Family
• Tax free salary
What you need to know about us:
• Dubizzle is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +4000 people and one mindset.
• Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
• We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
• We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.