Scout: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Scout (Toronto, ON, Canada) (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Posted: Aug 13, 2019
Scout RFP is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to help us keep shipping features to customers who love our products.
Day-to-day, they’ll be responsible for taking high-fidelity prototypes and transforming them into fully functional features with a solid and secure API backend, clean front-end components, and automated tests. High-quality code and the ability to deliver milestones all the way to production are our key metrics for success.
You’re probably keen to hear about our tech stack:
- Our application is built on Ruby on Rails.
- We take full advantage of Postgres with a trigger-based time machine, SQL views, and a willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense.
- AWS is our product’s home.
- We’re really enjoying React and Redux with ES6 and SCSS.
- Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and websockets definitely play their parts.
And curious about our engineering workflow:
- Each month we agree to milestones to deliver by the end of the month.
- We release to production once a week.
- Jira and Slack help us coordinate across continents and time zones.
- GitHub helps us improve each other's code, and our well-tuned linter keeps reviews quick on style and heavy on substance.
- Our QA team works hard to catch issues, bugs, and cross-browser glitches before we merge a pull request into the mainline, and again before release in the weekly smoke test.
- CircleCI Enterprise gives us the power to continually improve our automated testing infrastructure.
We'll promise you a great company, good compensation, an ever-improving benefits program and an equity stake in a company with great career advancement opportunities.
- Minimum 5+ years software development experience
- Minimum 2+ years RoR experience
You’re responsible, skilled, helpful, and kind. You recognize your team relies on you, but you know when to stop working and value the smart solution over the hard one. We’re looking for someone who:
- Proposes the pragmatic solution to painful problems
- Finds opportunities to teach others
- Loves to hear about the value our work delivers to our customers
- Kindly and consistently pushes the team forward, but knows how to pick their battles
About Scout RFP
Scout RFP transforms archaic sourcing processes with clean, intuitive software that helps buyers and suppliers do business more effectively and with fewer headaches.
Scout RFP is well-funded, managed by an experienced team, and growing fast. With over 80 customers and adding more each day, our software is simplifying the buying decision for medium and large enterprises.
About the Engineering Team
The engineering team is comprised of dedicated senior engineers who are fun and independent. You are supported by smart, driven and fun people dedicated to helping you succeed.