TomTom: Senior Sales Engineer at TomTom (Harsum, Germany) (Harsum, Germany)
Posted: Feb 13, 2019
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- You are the first point of contact for the customer (involved in all relevant project meetings) on a project related technical topics (including collecting, analyzing and answering project specific questions)
- Establish a good relationship between customer and TomTom project teams
- Supporting Milestone validation, bench-tests, test drive and analyzing, tracking and follow-up of reported/detected issues
- Support integration and validation expeditions together with the customer and report status and progress to project team and ensure thorough follow up of issues observed.
- If the project demands you will be working onsite at customers to support integration projects with technical database expertise and including co-development if applicable. This will include international travel and task assignment for a certain period at a customer.
What you’ll need
- Experience in Software development (preferred JAVA), SQL
- Willingness to develop expertise in Digital maps and linked data models
- Knowledge of GIS and Spatial databases systems will be of advantage (e.g., QGIS)
- Become expert on TomTom Map Exchange format
- Thorough understanding of navigation, Traffic TPEG service, and Traffic Quality tooling
- Willingness to become acquainted and work with tools like Jira, confluence, API services and other
- More than five years of experience in a relevant business area
What’s nice to have
- willingness to travel regularly to TT Map delivery engineering development centers, e.g., Gent and Lodz, to meet with DB engineering experts and product owners
- Commitment to delivering high-quality products and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Self-managing
Is Custom Systems. This product unit builds the next-generation connected navigation systems that TomTom Automotive provides to leading players in the global automotive industry. The team works on diverse projects in an agile environment, integrating a variety of TomTom products and services into one tailor-made solution. On this team, you will see your work come to life as it evolves from a first demo to being used in millions of cars on the road.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?