Siemens AG: Senior Software Architect at Siemens AG (Fredericton, NB, Canada) (Fredericton, NB, Canada)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
The Siemens Canada Limited Fredericton team is part of the global Digital Grid Software & Solutions Product House and is focused on developing and delivering software products that enable the green energy systems of the future. We bring the Internet of Things “IoT” to the electrical power grid connected to smart homes smart devices, and smart buildings.
The evolution toward a smarter grid is the most comprehensive disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid, Siemens is looking for a Software Architect to work on the R&D of its Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS).
As a Software Architect you play a critical role in helping Siemens achieve high performance in developing their distributed energy resource management system and smart grid integration of this system. You will operate as part of a team of software professionals, designing and implementing new software and exploring new ways of solving complex problems related to the energy domain.
- An experienced technical lead with extensive software development background, building scalable and highly available systems.
- Design, document, communicate and support implementation of desired architecture across product features.
- Investigate and propose options for potential technologies to leverage within the product.
- Leads design initiatives, makes software deployments solid and is great at troubleshooting.
- Should have experience in Linux, Oracle, scripting, communication, and security background.
- Act as an advocate for the DEMS application and identify/recommend required changes to the underlying platform as required.
- Contribute to the development of new features within the core software product and act as a mentor to less experienced developers.
- Experience with administration and configuration of server software.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for software deployments.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system, software, and security standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, preferably in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years Object-Oriented development experience, preferably Java based
- 5+ years Linux experience
- 5+ years SQL databases including Oracle
- Experience with object rational mapping technologies
- Experience with stream processing technologies such as Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL database management systems, such as Cassandra
- Experience in automating deployments (script writing)
- Experience with software design and best practices
- Understanding of network connectivity and hardware trouble-shooting skills
- Must be able to interact with all support groups in debugging and problem resolutions
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.