Squarespace: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Squarespace (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Senior Software Engineer - Test Tools and Infrastructure Squarespace is looking for an experienced engineer to join the newly formed test engineering group. We believe testing is a first-class concern, and aim to provide simple, intuitive systems and tools that engineers can use to build confidence in their work throughout the development lifecycle. You will play a meaningful role to establish the testing landscape at Squarespace in partnership with our Sr. Test Engineering Manager. You will report to the Manager of Test Engineering in our New York City office.
- You will partner with infrastructure teams to grow the platform on which our tests run
- Build a stable, repeatable environment where tests will run during development and deployment
- Evolve our existing suite of tools for full-stack UI functional testing
- Collaborate with partners throughout engineering to build new tools to address pain points or capability gaps
- Integrate testing more tightly into the development and deployment workflow
- Experience building developer productivity tools focused on testing and test automation
- Deep familiarity with the testing domain, and a strong grasp of testing fundamentals
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment, and crafting processes to support such a workflow
- A passion for coaching and mentoring engineers, and a desire to help level up those around you
- Strong knowledge of linux sysadmin fundamentals and tools.
- Bonus points for experience / familiarity with: java, js, node, selenium, front-end testing, Docker, Kubernetes, infrastructure automation (chef/puppet/ansible)