ARM: Senior Software Engineer at ARM (San Jose, CA) (San Jose, CA)
Posted: Jul 17, 2017
ARM is a state-of-art company providing high-performance, high-quality, and low-power CPUs and Physical Libraries to world's leading chip and device manufacturers like IBM, Samsung, TSMC, UMC, and Qualcomm to name a few.
The Physical IP Division inside ARM creates Physical IPs of various types like Standard Cells, Memory, IO and Analog which are extensively used by thousands of IC designers around the world to design leading edge chips down to 20nm and below.
A dedicated team of experienced professionals aids this process of developing key in-house IP Logistic software applications that serves the core needs across the various departments of Physical IP. Examples are streamlining product definitions, product releases, product delivery, operational efficiencies, and royalty-revenue tracking.
About the role
The Software Engineer will be part of the software development team developing and deploying state of the art software to streamline Physical IP production in an efficient, automated manner, yet with high-quality. This requires understanding the requirements spanning multiple ARM sites worldwide and offering high quality software solutions with efficiency and promptness. The role offers a potent opportunity to work with accomplished software engineers worldwide and in participating with them in problem specification, problem solving, design and implementing those designs and solutions.
What will I be accountable for?
- Development of applications to streamline product definition, development, delivery, and overall operational efficiency
- Validation, deployment, and support of software tools.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Master Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience using frameworks such as Django; front-end, back-end, and databases
- Experience with OO languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.) and OO concepts
- Experience with GUI programming
- Experience with cloud computing, security, and object storage
- Experience with full-stack web development
- Experience delivering client applications
- Background in VLSI design and EDA software development.
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.