Citizens Bank: Senior Software Engineer at Citizens Bank (Charlotte, NC) (Charlotte, NC)
Posted: Nov 20, 2020
Green Pixel Studios is charged with pushing the envelope on user experience design in digital. This role, reporting to the Director of Design Engineering, will set the stage for the evolution of user experience in financial services. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about envisioning experiences that push imaginative solutions to enable the bank’s clients to fulfill their financial dreams.
This Senior Mobile Application Developer will work closely with UI/UX research and design to transfer ideas and code between teams. Your background in technology and devotion to good design and aesthetics will make you successful in this role.
Citizens Bank is embarking on an extensive program of innovative digital transformation. That’s why we’re looking for driven team players to embrace our user-centric vision and help facilitate change. It’s an opportunity to be a creative and technical contributor on many projects.
Green Pixel Studios colleagues are charged with devoting dedicated time to pursuing innovation and delivering UX/UI expertise to the bank in its digital projects. This role with the studio team will support Consumer Banking, including the dot com storefront, sales applications, the secure user environments of online and mobile banking, and internal sites, as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with creative and technical teams to deliver first class user-centric experiences
- Develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes for deployment on multiple device types
- Interpret UI/UX design and research for translation into deliverable code and graphic artifacts
- Build and maintain interactive style guides and UI component libraries
- Explore new technologies through research and applied innovation
- Active participation in agile ceremonies as part of project execution
- Explain how a solution meets user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Understand and adhere to best practices for UI deliverables and process
- Advocate for the end-user
- 3+ years in iOS or Android development
- Strong examples of pertinent work
- Experience with code repository tools and concepts such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Experience with building and consuming shared libraries such as CocoaPods
- Knowledge of technical platforms and concepts (i.e. REST, API, CMS, etc.)
- Positive, proactive and helpful attitude
- Experience with graphic production tools (Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch)
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skills
- Passion and appreciation for art and design
- Background in graphic design and/or interaction design
- Familiarity with the principles of animation
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience with project tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field (i.e. Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Graphic Design, or New Media)
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.