GrubHub Inc.: Senior Software Engineer at GrubHub Inc. (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Feb 14, 2019
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
Were Grubhub, the nations leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 weve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. Were moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With 90,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, were delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership to a team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners. We have high standards for code quality, unit testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges Youll Tackle
Build the future of online food ordering! We're looking for top-flight & passionate engineers to help us realize our next generation ordering application at scale. Using a best-of-breed tech and agile development approach, this is the ideal position for any insiring Engineer to create a killer solutions with the latest and greatest tools at their disposal.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Build systems that integrate with many other real-time data sources and services
- Optimize service runtime for performance and scale
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, TDD, CI,CD
- AWS/Azure experience, or similar cloud-based offerings
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers along with overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- A passion for working in fast paced technology company
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
- An aggressive RSU program. Check out our stock prioce, it's been going great!!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.