Kolonial.no AS: Senior Software Engineer at Kolonial.no AS (Oslo, Norway) (Oslo, Norway)
Posted: Apr 15, 2019
Kolonial.no is the fastest growing grocery store online in the Nordics and has recently been recognised as one of the hottest tech start-ups in Norway. We're making the shopping experience of the future, and are doing things no one else has done before us!
Our secret is in our technology, and we are proud to say that we have built our entire digital platform from scratch. Not only does our technology support our mission to provide our customers with a revolutionary customer experience, it also powers our logistics operations, all the way from how we pick each product in our warehouse to making sure it's delivered in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way.
We have great ambitions moving forward and with Python as our weapon of choice and we need more Senior Software Engineers on our team. You will become part of a modern Product & Tech team and work cross functionally with excellent UX designers, data scientists, product managers and other engineers to make great digital products that allow for freedom and flexibility in the lives of our customers.
- Develop digital products in a team with product managers, designers, data scientists and software engineers
- Contribute to and lead planning, design and implementation of excellent, reliable, and maintainable software
- Write robust, well-tested and documented code of high quality
- Contribute to architecture and technology choices that ensure reliability, scalability and security without unnecessary complexity
- Actively develop colleagues in the team and by participating in code reviews, discussions, whiteboard sessions and tech talks
- Contribute to a good DevOps culture in the team
We looks for senior software engineers with:
- A passion for clean, scalable and maintainable code of really high quality.
- Some years of experience with modern web development. Preferably with our stack Python, Django, PostgreSQL, HTML/CSS/JS, Linux, but experience with our stack is not a must have since great engineers learn new technology quickly.
- An interest in solving problems without introducing unnecessary complexity, and who knows when it’s essential to invest appropriately in solving a problem thoroughly vs. when a quick solution would work well.
- Experience in building and scaling distributed systems, preferably in a cloud environment like Google Cloud Platform.
- Drive to grow and learn new things continuously—and share with those around you.
- Willingness to contribute to our teams and the tech scene, recruit, lead and develop others.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer or similar
Sounds like you, or someone you know?