iTech Solutions, Inc.: Senior Software Engineer (Backend Lead) at iTech Solutions, Inc. (Rocky Hill, CT) (Rocky Hill, CT)
Posted: Jul 11, 2019
Senior Software Engineer (Backend Lead)
Our Client's Engineering team is searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Backend Lead) who is highly motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be a key member of our team making important technical decisions that will shape the company's future. You will join a highly-skilled IT organization and utilize the latest technologies to develop high-traffic websites, web services, mobile applications, and other software products.
As part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry's most exciting problems.
- Working with an extraordinary team of highly talented, smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people.
- Great workspace and competitive benefits.
- Help drive the technical direction of our offerings and solutions.
- Build hands-on experience with many different technologies and delivery methodologies.
- Cloud Native approach to software development.
- Design and code, troubleshoot and support (What you create is also what you and your team will own).
- Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with highly skilled teams.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile project environment with small, focused teams.
- Owning all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
- Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the launch of the project.
- Responsible for software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Drive bug prioritization and work cross-functionally with engineering/design.
- Provide technical support to internal team members.
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy.
- Share knowledge through "Tech Talk” presentations.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products utilizing the Microsoft technology stack: .Net/.Net Core Frameworks, C#, Asp.Net MVC, Entity Framework, WCF, and SQL Server 2014-2016.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, such as MVC, Factory, Singleton, etc. and experience applying them in n-tier architectures.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and algorithm performance.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Building and/or consuming REST APIs- Creating and parsing data in various formats.
- Understand best practices of building Restful APIs.
- Must have full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks.
- NoSQL/JSON based databases a plus.
- Experience with relational databases. SQL Server preferred.
- Experience in Distributed Micro-Service Architecture and service orchestration a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to various types/levels of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal/written English skills.
For more information please contact Brian Otten at 203-433-7817 or [email protected]
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.