Delivery Hero SE: Senior Software Engineer Java - FinTech (f/m/d) at Delivery Hero SE (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms. We are truly international with engineering teams in 13 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
Delivery Hero Tech has played an instrumental role in the phenomenal growth of our company.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer - Java (f/m/d) to join our Consumer team to create a smooth and easy ordering experience for our customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
What’s on the menu?
- Join the Payment Team and build worldwide innovative payment solutions with strong focus on quality and scalability.
- Design and implement cutting-edge applications which will transform the delivery industry.
- Craft and maintain world-class, high traffic services and APIs in a team of experienced software engineers.
- Participate in code reviews and application debugging and diagnosis.
- Practice modern software development methodologies such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and Scrum.
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
What do you bring to the table?
- Practical experience as Backend Developer in Java, Kotlin, JVM based languages (Scala, Clojure, Groovy, JRuby).
- Profound knowledge and working experience with Frameworks such as Spring, Play or similar.
- Comfortable designing microservices architectures, API-based and event-based communication.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional).
- Ability to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
- Keen to constantly learn and improve your own skills, and not afraid to jump into new things.
- Strong belief in in lean and agile development.
- Curiosity, creative outside-the-box problem solving abilities and an eye for detail.
- Experience in Payment industry is a plus.
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Get to know your colleagues during company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Take a break with Kicker or table tennis.
- Take a timeout in our nap room.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages or get your hair cut in the office.
Are you the missing ingredient? Send us your CV!
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.