GuardX: Senior Software Engineer (Tech Savvy Brooklyn Firm) at GuardX (Brooklyn, NY) (Brooklyn, NY)
Posted: Mar 4, 2019
We are currently working exclusively with a cool Technology Digital Music firm that works with artists, singers/songwriters, to help them distribute their music through iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play and other platforms.
About the company
Established in 2005 and currently has a team of 10 + engineers based in New York with a total of 200 employees. The firm has a strong reputation in the marketplace and are pioneers in the industry when it comes to distributing Music.
- Amazing company to be a part of great culture, brand name, and supportive environment
- Low staff turnover with breakout rooms, snack bars
- Not a morning person? That’s okay office opens at 9.30 AM
The tech stuff
- BS or BA degree, or higher
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases (write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
- Demonstrated System Design experience and ability to question the validity of current solutions
- Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient/modern HTML/DOM and CSS
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting in those environments
- Strong communication skills & attention to detail with the ability to interact with stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Mobile web development experience
- Comfortable with Git and Github
- Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications in a team leadership capacity
- Hands-on experience in DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc)
- NOSQL, GraphQL experience is a plus
- Background in Python is a plus
For a complete job description or a confidential discussion, please feel free to call Anthony directly on 917.602.7578 or email [email protected] Click "Apply Now"