AllClear ID: Senior Software Engineer w/ Cloud Experience at AllClear ID (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Apr 22, 2019
WHO WE ARE
Do you want to create the next generation of technologies and products that define the future of digital identities and protect people from identity theft? If so, come and be a part of something extraordinary! Join our world-class Engineering team to deliver innovative cloud-based software on a global scale. We build products that protect people and if you have the right skills and attitude, we want to speak to you about joining our mission to end identity theft!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Software Engineer works with other software engineers, site reliability engineers, product development, and project management to build highly secure, scalable, and reliable software.
- Work with designers, other engineers, and architects to create, implement, and maintain RESTful API’s running on our cloud-enabled software development platform.
- Engineer solutions that embrace infrastructure-as-code
- Author cohesive sets of automated tests using JUnit, Cucumber, etc. to meet requirements, resilience, and completeness.
- Produce highly secure solutions that go beyond the OWASP Top Ten
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks across the entirety of the stack
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for simple, intuitive designs
- Willingness to learn and embrace a DevOps culture where engineers and architects collaborate together to build and maintain a continuous integration/continuous deployment pipeline leveraging public cloud technologies
- Experience designing and managing API versioning requirements
- Experience ensuring the scalability of RESTful APIs
- Strong experience deploying web services into Tomcat, Jetty, Node, etc.
- Experience developing automated unit tests for RESTful APIs
- Experience modelling data with and using an ORM, such as myBatis or Hibernate, to integrate with backend databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Oracle
- Robust professional experience with authorization and authentication using frameworks such as Spring Security or similar frameworks - and standards such as OAuth 2.0
- Experience with enterprise message queue systems such as RabbitMQ, Redis, or SQS
- Strong knowledge of security principles for RESTful implementations and web design (XSS, SQL Injection, CORS, CSRF)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Istio, and/or Forseti a definite plus
- 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer with demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- Capable of facilitating agile/scrum/Kanban ceremonial meetings, like grooming, retrospective, etc.
- 2 years of experience with a top-tier cloud provider, like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Ability to pass a software engineering technical interview with impromptu whiteboarding exercises
Join us at AllClear ID and enjoy the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Flex-Spending & Health Savings Plans
- 401(k) Investment Plan
- Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits (heavily discounted parking, free transit passes)
- Gym Membership
- Paid Time Off
- Various Bonus Programs
- Free ID Theft and Credit Monitoring
- Integrity is paramount
- Customer service above and beyond the expected
- Have fun together as a company
- We operate as one and inspire one another to win
- We take pride and ownership in all that we do
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
AllClear ID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.