Stable Kernel: Senior Swift + iOS Engineer at Stable Kernel (Atlanta, GA) (Atlanta, GA)
Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Stable Kernel is a custom software and technology firm – heavily invested in creating a learning and mentoring culture for our engineers. Our in-house product teams partner with large companies to strategize, architect, design, develop and commercialize their software initiatives – with a special focus on IoT and data platforms.
As a Stable Kernel software engineer, you will have endless opportunities to learn new technologies, make decisions that influence the path of a product roadmap, collaborate daily with other engineers and product team members, leverage software development best practices and develop new skills to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Above all, your work and contribution will help some of the largest companies in the world be more successful and the products you build will impact hundreds and thousands of users every day.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for an engineer with 3 years of professional experience with iOS + Swift. The technologies we most often use for Android development are:
- UIKit + Foundation
- Networking with URLSession
- Operations + GCD
- Custom Container View Controllers
- RxSwift (or Combine)
You will be a part of a long-term product team that works together to build world-class applications – from strategy and research through implementation and delivery, and each team is dedicated to one client project at a time.
Our product teams include UX/UI designer, multiple software engineers, market researcher, project manager, quality assurance engineer, technical product owner and software architect.
All work is done in our beautiful office in Atlanta, GA with walking access to the BeltLine. Because we believe teams work best when they are constantly collaborating, we do not have remote employees – but we do have a flexible work-from-home policy. Learn more about what it’s like to work at SK from one of our engineers.
*Note– We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Interested? Here's what we are looking for:
- Experience writing iOS applications, specifically:
- Obtaining and retaining authorization with an OAuth 2.0 API
- Making HTTP API requests and modeling data with type
- Using Interface Builder and Storyboards to develop user interfaces designed by a UX/UI designer and communicated via Sketch
- Dynamically populating views with data
- Writing logic to respond to user, network and other device or platform events
- Fundamental understanding of events and asynchronous behavior
- Make documented pull requests with GitHub, create and rebase branches, and push commits to a remote branch.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with the intent to align on and meet team objectives.
- Consulting / working and communicating with clients
Compensation and Your Future at Stable Kernel
This role’s salary range is from $90,000 to $120,000 depending on the breadth and depth of their development experience.
Over the course of three years, most Stable Kernel engineers will write applications on mobile, browser and cloud. An engineer’s salary rises as they demonstrate the ability to be successful on more platforms.