TomTom: Senior Test Engineer at TomTom (Eindhoven, Netherlands) (Eindhoven, Netherlands)
Posted: Feb 14, 2019
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Understand the test plan(s) and test strategy. Able to identify gaps in test strategy and test plan and knows how to improve this in close cooperation with the test architect/lead.
- Ensures efficient and effective execution of test activities for the project and assists the team and project manager to continuously improve the way of working.
- Define test requirements, write and execute test cases (manual or automated).
- Performs tests and reports side effects found and the path leading to the defects to reproduce them. Able to identify trends in regression.
- Clear understanding of the software architecture to find the root cause of the defect.
- Communicate and deploy test procedures to stakeholders.
- Maintain test requirements traceability.
- Participate in test engineering activities.
What you’ll need
- Experience with product development.
- Experience with services (backend, deployments, Azure, IAM).
- Experience with BDD Frameworks, such as Cucumber, JBehave, Behave.
- Advanced understanding of test management principles (ISEB/ISTQB accredited).
- Advanced understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery principles (CI, CD and DevOps).
- Ability to work with automated test frameworks.
Meet your team
We’re Autonomous Driving (AD). Our product unit develops, delivers and maintains products for advanced driver-assistance systems and automated driving – with the TomTom HD Map at the core of our work. Every day, we welcome new challenges, do world-class R&D and apply it using the latest machine learning and computer vision techniques. On our team, you’ll not only play a part in making autonomous driving a reality, you’ll transform the way people commute while boosting safety and comfort for everyone on the road.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?