Senior User Experience Designer
Posted: Sep 15, 2020
Senior User Experience Designer
Who are we
Business software doesn't need to be dull and boring.
At Archon, designing beautiful software is the core of what we do. We care a lot about the experience, the design craftsmanship and the tiniest details that go into what we make.
We are a rapidly growing (and profitable!) startup making software to help small businesses manage their inventory. Our flagship product, inFlow Inventory, has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we've expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We've been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we're one of Canada's fastest growing businesses according to the GROWTH 500 list for 4 years in a row.
As an amazing place to work, we're one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, per the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor
We've got an amazing group of skilled and friendly people here, and we're looking for more world-class talent to join us!
Check us out at www.archonsystems.com!
Covid-19 pandemic notes
Our product supports front-line workers and essential services, including manufacturers of personal protective equipment (PPE) and healthcare organizations. We are thankful for the opportunity to contribute to fighting this global pandemic and that our business is thriving.
We currently work from home fully remotely, due to the pandemic. Prior to Covid-19, we worked from home 3 days a week and from our beautiful Toronto office 2 days a week for over a decade! We have no immediate timelines but do plan on resuming in-person work 2 days per week when we can responsibly do so following public health recommendations and consultations with our employees, so we do require that you be able to join us in-person in Toronto when that time comes. While digital tools are improving rapidly, there's just no substitute for being in the room with someone and sharing a spontaneous laugh, an impromptu brainstorm, a duckicorn prank, or...
oops, sorry I must've gotten muted.
Some of our job benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- $500 fitness benefit (for bicycles, FitBit, gym memberships, etc.)
- Subsidized internet and phone plans
- Make a difference: you'll be the 32nd member of our tight-knit team
As one of two UX/UI designers, you'll have a big impact on how our product works and feels. You will lead design projects across our software platforms: web, Android, iOS, and Windows. You will be responsible for conducting user/competitive research, defining task flows and data hierarchy, and designing wireframes through to high-fidelity UI mock-ups. You will work closely with our developers, product managers, and QA to ensure successful implementation of the design.
What you'd do
- Design UX/UI for our cloud software across web, Android, iOS, and Windows
- Conduct user/competitive research to prioritize features and requirements
- Define user tasks flows and data hierarchy
- Create storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows, wireframes and mock-ups
- Develop rapid prototypes along with developers
- Verify design assumptions through user testing
- Initiate your own ideas and projects to help us grow
What we need from you
- 5+ years of experience designing software product UX/UI.
- User-focused. You have a deep understanding and appreciation of the process of identifying users' needs and solving their problems with functional and elegant design.
- Working experience creating screen flows, interaction models, responsive layout and UI elements.
- Excellent sense of visual aesthetics (colour, typography, spacing, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with industry-standard design and prototyping software.
- Analytical. You are able to weigh the pros and cons and cost and benefits of different design solutions, backed by research and data.
- An awesome portfolio showcasing your previous designs and processes.
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience with Sketch, Origami, Zeplin
- Experience designing for Android, iOS and/or React Native
- Some HTML/CSS
Other stuff we'd be happy to hear about
- Experience with business systems (accounting, inventory, CRM, etc.)
- Close experience with small-to-midsize businesses
- Experience in agency or start-up environments
- Cool hobbies like horseback riding or baking bread
What are you waiting for? To apply, go here now:
What you can expect when applying for a job at Archon
At Archon, we celebrate diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We hire people based on what they can contribute, not what they look like, whom they love, shoe size, or other irrelevant labels. We provide equal pay for equal work and treat each job applicant with respect and thanks.