Senior UX Designer
Posted: Apr 29, 2021
YOUR CONTRIBUTION WITHIN THE TEAM
Within Gymondo you'll be part of our design team as a Senior UX Designer working closely together with your fellow designers, product managers, and engineers.
You'll be guided by our Head of Design as you are creating a strong impact on our users.
The design team in Gymondo works on a wide range of projects in Agile methods. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for a user-centric approach when building our interfaces for all our platforms. You are someone with a true customer obsession and a demonstrated track record of delivering tangible solutions solving our customer's problems.
You define a conceptual foundation for our design solutions and communicate a vision for user experience. You'll execute engaging UX flows, create prototypes for user testing, conduct user tests, and with validated solutions you'll support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation.
You're familiar with thinking in components when supporting our designers on their designs, you'll support them in curating our design system. You master the bigger picture through detail. You've successfully worked with digital products before and understand the importance of consistency, designing for impact, and most of all improving the customer journey for our product. You understand the strategic thinking behind the digital product and are able to combine it with customer needs. Your insights are an important part of our success story.
WHAT TYPE OF WORKOUT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Your work is about conceptualizing and implementing user-centric thinking in our concepts and user flows. Your work helps us to create products that engage and inspire.
- You collaborate with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to deliver solutions that solve critical customer problems with an intuitive and engaging user experience
- You'll create wireframes for our new features and together with our designers build prototypes for user testing you'll be conducting.
- Your input is valued for improving our design processes and UX specifications. In Gymondo, everyone is welcome to contribute ideas. You are a resilient problem solver by nature.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 4+ years of relevant online industry experience - you've worked with digital products before and are comfortable working through all stages of a project in an agile method and communicating through user stories
- You're familiar with multi-platform digital products and have specifically strong expertise in native mobile interfaces
- You are an innovative problem solver, self-starter, and strong collaborator who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Your design process follows a human-centered approach and you use the common methods like building Personas, Process Flows, and Customer Journeys. You are familiar with Design Sprints and Design Thinking methodology.
- You have the ability to facilitate user interviews and prototype for usability tests when needed
- You are able to interpret and act on user research findings and analytics data
- You know your ways around design tools like Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch/Abstract/Zeplin + prototyping tools like Figma
- You are a real team player and an empathetic & open communicator. You are open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving
- You are fluent in English (fluency in German is a big plus)
THE GYMONDO MEMBERSHIP (AKA INTERVIEW PROCESS):
Just like a fitness program, it takes time to see results. Be patient?it could take up to 4 weeks to receive an offer.
- Your first workout: A friendly call with the People's team to get to know you.
- Let's bump up the intensity: If you've got what it takes, we'll send you a work-related task to dive deeper into a specific topic.
- Keep going strong: If you nail the task, we'll schedule an interview with the team lead to discuss your assignment and dive deeper into the topic.
- Your last rep: Once you've wowed us with your strength and endurance, we'll schedule a team interview so you can meet our amazing colleagues.
BENEFIT FROM THE GYMONDO WORKOUT PACKAGE:
- Set your own workout schedule: Make use of our flextime and home office options and take 30 days paid vaca on us.
- Boost your endorphins: Enjoy in-house fitness classes, a free Gymondo membership and a sponsored gym membership.
- Need some serotonin? Get involved in our regular team events, game nights and virtual Friday beers.
- Train your brain: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our annual €1000 development programs.
- Cholesterol-free zone: Dig into healthy snacks and wash them all down with the help of an office espresso machine.
- Track your success. We value feedback. We give and receive feedback openly and honestly because we understand this is the only way we can truly grow, both individually and collectively.
Gymondo is a leading health and fitness app offering short and effective workouts and customized meal plans to users united by the desire to get fit and feel happy. We understand the obstacles people face on their fitness journey and empower them to create life-long healthy habits and routines. From our beautiful headquarters in Berlin, we seek to revolutionize the online fitness world.