Ocelot: Senior UX Designer at Ocelot () (allows remote)
Posted: Apr 30, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Ocelot is higher education's #1 SaaS provider of multilingual AI chatbots, communications, and engagement tools. We serve over 6.5 million students at over 400 institutions. We get students and their families key information. This helps students get into and stay in school, and with less debt.
WHAT OUR TEAM SAYS
Product and Impact
- “What feels like a simple, straightforward product (to an outside person and to our end users) is actually a fairly complex group of technologies and interactions and has the potential to solve so many problems.”
- “I really enjoy our product. We really help students and colleges and I'm really happy with how the platform is working - our bot, livechat, and texting features”
- “I never thought a chatbot would be so important”
- “We're making a good product that helps people”
Challenge and Technology
- “I like challenges. Some folks like cookie cutter work. At Ocelot, its new technologies. We're almost on the bleeding edge. I love that we continue to reinvest in product and use the latest technologies”
- “I'm having fun. It's challenging. I thrive on that”
- “Everyone has the same goal. We're not stuck in process. We are developing a new process. We are not afraid to move, or take on new technologies. We are not stuck in the mud.”
- “We've done well managing growth of the team, compared to other startups. It’s not heavy fisted taccs. There is flexibility and openness to feedback. If any bits are not working, we've adapted. We are always looking at new ways we can adjust. It’s not one size fits all”
- “Of all companies that I’ve worked with, in this team nobody has ever said no to me, or I'm too busy”
- “I like that it is geographically distributed - before (and after) COVID”
WHERE WE ARE AT
In two years, our team has gone from 20 to 60 team members spread across the US, and some other locations. Our dev team has quickly grown to three scrum teams, with about 20 folks total. In 2021, we will grow to about 90 people total, and four scrum teams. Our clients have a huge appetite for our tools. The company is led by veteran entrepreneurs and technologists. We care about building a great environment, with great people. Doing so, we will build great products that can impact so many lives. Our technology leadership includes our CTO, SVP Engineering, and SVP Product, all working closely together.
You want to build a great product, in a great team, that has real societal impact. You have a growth mindset. You can thrive in a team that seeks to have a glass half full Atude; seeks to Understand (asks questions, is curious, and listens); Nails it (does the right thing and has ownership); and cares about your Team
As Ocelot continues to build out our product and engineering teams we are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer. This position will work closely with the Product team to prototype new features and functionality for validation and market testing as well as providing engineering with full prototypes and design specifications for committed work.
Technologies, tools and experiences we are excited by include: Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin, Sketch, Invision, JIRA, Trello.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translating product provided user stories or requirements into functional prototypes & mockups
- Provide multiple/alternate solution sets to a problem to satisfy technical feasibility requirements
- Proactively utilize user testing, surveys and other means to determine optimal solutions to a complex/challenging problems
- Work closely with product to utilize a variety of mockup fidelities to explore future product direction for both internal and external consumption
- Align existing product design choices and continue to champion a unified, accessible user experience for our users