OmniSci, Inc: Senior UX Product Designer at OmniSci, Inc (San Francisco, CA) (San Francisco, CA)
Posted: Dec 28, 2018
OmniSci is seeking a Senior UX Product Designer to add to our design team. As a Senior UX Product Designer, you will work closely with our UX Director, Product and Engineering teams. Critical to this role is someone that sees interactions and experiences with everything. Someone that is obsessed with designing to make things easier.
You should have a deep understanding of both UX and visual design principles, and be familiar with design trends. You know what patterns will be immediately intuitive and you know when to expand and be creative. And while you understand that enterprise customers have unique needs, you don't buy into the idea that it needs to be more complicated than consumer applications.
You are a master at gathering information and feedback and you know how to present with conviction. You know how to design for the immediate need while also focusing on the full experience.
We’re big fans of hiring people who are not just great at what they do but are fired up about creating awesome products. Critical to our culture is building and maintaining collaboratives teams that work well together and communicate effectively across all teams.
Our office is located in downtown San Francisco, and this position will report to the Director of UX and Design. This position requires you to be onsite in our SF HQ and is not a remote opportunity. Local Bay Area candidates only, please.
- Using design thinking, and HCI principles you will work with our design team, product and customers to determine the right designs and you will work with engineers to determine how we will build it.
- You will work with and contribute to our evolving design system.
- You will design visually appealing flexible and responsive interfaces that can easily work across devices.
- You will present the appropriate fidelity of mockups and prototypes to communicate interactive product specifications.
- You will host review sessions and iterate based on feedback.
- 7+ years designing the user experience, from concept to implementation.
- Direct experience designing intuitive and effective interfaces for enterprise business applications
- Data visualization experience.
- Mobile, tablet and responsive design experience.
- Strong understanding of design and creative thinking principles and processes.
- Thorough understanding of HCI principles.
- Experienced working in an agile setting with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to move fast, listen and adapt.
- Able to iterate and prototype rapidly.
- Able to work in both low and hi-fidelity.
- Able to demonstrate and communicate ideas using mockups and prototypes.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to incorporate personas, journey maps, empathy maps, and low fidelity prototypes to extract information and align stakeholders.
- Well versed with a variety of design and production tools such as Sketch, Invision, Inspect, Studio, Adobe XD, Adobe Suite, Framer X, Flinto, Jira, Slack, Google applications etc.
- Able to do user research and ability to conduct non-biased usability testing.
- You know or practiced IDEO/Design Sprint/Design Thinking techniques.
- You have a visual analytics background.
- Motion design experience.
- You can speak data and developer lingo.