Senior Visual Designer
Posted: Apr 2, 2021
We are a small, energetic, and highly collaborative creative design and development team of six based in New York City. Our work spans brand development, UX design, digital product design, web design and web development. Our clients are a diverse group ? we've worked with B2B tech companies, media companies, nonprofit organizations, fin tech platforms, education technology companies, consumer products, fashion brands, and more.
About the Position
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, intellectually curious designer to work as a hands-on, embedded team member within our highly collaborative creative team on a wide variety of digital design projects (websites, marketing collateral, UX/UI design, and more). You can learn more about a Day in the Life at Studio Simpatico here.
- Preference for NYC, but our team has been remote since March 2020 with no immediate plans to return to an office;
- Experience as a visual creative, ideally focused on branding, web design, and/or digital product design;
- Portfolio of relevant work;
- BFA/BA in visual design or a pertinent field;
- Excellent understanding of core design principles including typography, grids, color theory, and layout;
- Experience and a desire to get involved in every phase of a project including concepting, wireframing, visual design, client meetings, and client/project management.
- Extensive experience working in Sketch;
- Adequate experience with core Adobe Creative Suite apps, particularly Adobe Illustrator;
- Working understanding of how HTML/CSS works in implementing web and digital product designs. The candidate will not be expected to write code;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as the role requires communicating with and managing clients;
- Ability to manage working on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and setting client expectations;
- A willingness to collaborate, and provide and receive constructive feedback.
Nice to Have
- Experience uploading content to WordPress;
- Willingness to write blog posts and case studies regarding studio work;
- Willingness to create content for and post on studio social media accounts.
- Creative autonomy and project ownership;
- Competitive salary;
- Health insurance;
- Dental insurance;
- Vision insurance;
- 401(k) match with immediate vest;
- Occasional travel based on out-of-state clients; (pre-COVID we traveled to Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Nashville, Denver, and Boulder!)
How to Apply
Send the following to [email protected]:
- Brief cover letter describing why you feel you are the ideal candidate for the role;
- Portfolio and/or relevant work samples;
- Salary requirements;
- Earliest available start date.