Senior Web Designer
Posted: Jun 6, 2019
The Senior Web Designer's role is to design and execute online creative campaigns and initiatives in support of the Digital Experience Director, the Senior Project Manager, Digital Studio and the digital team, collaborating across multiple groups in multiple departments to provide creative leadership and to deliver a best-in-class user experience.
This will be a very "hands on" creative role, supporting all web-based projects for marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate must have solid problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills and the ability to translate traditional ad campaign messages into all digital mediums.
50%: Web and email design: Design effective marketing landing pages, microsites and technical information pages for our large-scale product information website. Bring a unique design sense and flare for visually appealing, well-organized layouts for promotional landing pages and email templates to help shape the look and feel of our digital presence.
25%: Discovery and Strategy: Communicate with product line stakeholders to understand the business requirements of a marketing initiative. Brainstorm with Marketing team members to determine best strategy to provide a high-quality customer experience that meets the needs of the business stakeholders.
15%: Creative Leadership: Inspire all members of the creative team by fostering a culture of constant learning and professional growth. Mentor designers by providing clear design guidance and actionable suggestions.
10%: Design Review: Review team members' work for design quality and technical/editorial accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Web Design/Development; or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years extensive creative experience: design for web and mobile sites and (preferably B-to-B) digital marketing campaigns.
- 3 years experience designing email marketing campaigns.
- Design: Conceptualize and execute creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic in support of product launches and other marketing campaigns. Understand and have experience in UX best practices and responsive design for web and email. Appreciate the fine points of brand guidelines; enforce and adhere to their standards and rules.
- Technical/Web: Expert knowledge of HTML, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap. Stay up-to-date with new technologies, web design trends and email development best practices. Experience working in automated marketing and email management applications (e.g. Pardot, Marketo, HubSpot, Mailchimp). Share ideas and best practices advice with members of the digital experience team.
- Computer Skills: Experience with HTML editors such as Sublime Text, and thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)/Sketch. Experience in conceptualizing and wireframing pages (e.g. using Balsamiq Mockups or XD) a plus. Familiarity with project management tools such as Smartsheet is a plus.
- Communication: Strong written-communication skills. Excellent command of web-based communication. This position requires working with copy provided by a variety of stakeholders and it is expected that we adhere to and enforce the Simpson Strong-Tie writing Style Guide.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Ability to work with members of several departments, in cross-functional teams spanning a variety of product lines, applications, and roles. Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully. Able to provide constructive design critique and feedback to other members of the team.
- Problem Solving: Ability to translate marketing messaging into all digital mediums/platforms including social, web and mobile. Familiarity with browser compatibility issues, and cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device testing is required. Ability to quickly identify and debug issues is strongly preferred.
- Self-Management: Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards meeting daily business requirements in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and project deadlines.
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Ability to shift project types and absorb a wide variety of processes, terminology and product information. Ability to respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Attention to Detail: This position requires meticulous attention to detail and a keen eye for typography and visual hierarchy. Ability to evaluate the design and accuracy of product marketing and product information web pages featuring technical information. Thoroughness, accuracy and a strong sense of responsibility are critical in this role.
This job does not require travel.
Work Status & Location
This full-time, exempt position is located in Pleasanton, CA.
Relocation will not be considered for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.