Omicron: Senior Web Developer at Omicron (Orlando, FL) (Orlando, FL)
Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Top 3 reasons our employees love working at Omicron:
- We build cutting-edge technology that is literally changing how the world consumes online content.
- We get to collaborate with really smart, interesting people every day.
- Omicron rewards its team with really fun company events. Past events include food trucks on-site for lunch, private movie screenings, tickets to charity galas and more!
We are looking for a talented Senior Web Developer to join our growing Application Development Team, or “App Dev.” As a Senior Web Developer, you will be working with your teammates to build fast and performant web applications using functional programming and modern languages.
- Make decisions and influence scalable Front-End architecture.
- Develop performant pages that scale well between mobile and desktop browsers.
- Work with designers, product owners, and stakeholders to ensure accurate product delivery.
- Work with User Interface and User Experience team to collaborate on the best user experience, look and feel.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with using HTML5 and modern functional JS. Angular/Vue/React.
- Redux/Elm/The Elm Architecture
- Familiar with Elixir
- Postgres and GraphQL working knowledge
- Preprocessed CSS and CSS3. TailwindCSS or other utility-first framework a plus.
- Experience with build processes. Webpack a plus.
- Functional programming is a plus.
- Familiar with usability studies and process.
- Working familiarity and demonstrable experience with modern web design practices
- Know the features implemented in the latest browser versions that would be beneficial for products to use.
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS a plus.
- Four-year College Degree in CS, CE, Web Development, or a related field (preferred) OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Omicron Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V