Social Media Video Editor
Posted: Feb 13, 2020
UNHCR, The UN Refugee Agency is seeking a social media video and motion graphics editor to help generate engaging and visual content for UNHCR's global English social channels. The social media video editor should successfully display a knowledge for social-first video production and editing and have a proven knowledge of industry best practices to generate optimized content.
Projects will include editing short impactful video storytelling, sizzles and trailers, producing original micro-video content for new platforms including Instagram stories and TikTok, and motion graphics to support newsworthy moments and report launches.
The ideal candidate will be highly familiar with the digital media industry, and all of the platforms where UNHCR has a presence including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and emerging platforms. They should also have a passion for storytelling and take pride in creating content that spurs action. The contract for the position would extend through December of 2020.
- Self -starter who can take a video from creative and scripting through to delivery
- Editing and producing socially optimized videos in various formats
- Creating stories for vertically optimized video storytelling
- Providing creative input to relevant projects
- Creating graphics (motion and static) in support of special projects and launches
Background & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of related experience as a video editor / motion designer.
- 3+ years editing with Adobe Premiere.
- 3+ years editing with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- 2+ years animating with Adobe AfterEffects.
- Ability to work on time-sensitive projects with quick turnaround.
We work to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war or disaster at home. Since 1950, we have faced multiple crises on multiple continents, and provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nobody left to turn to. We help to save lives and build better futures for millions forced from home.