TomTom: Software Architect at TomTom (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Feb 14, 2019
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple teams at the same time
- Build an architectural overview and review it
- Design and guide the development team in implementing highly scalable and high-performing solutions based on Java
- Keep the product vision in mind while working on details; help to build flexible and future-proof solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology to improve existing services constantly
- Do some hands-on work and coding
- Discuss with other architects to find the best-integrated solutions for us and the customers
- Help improve our agile development process constantly
- Communicate with stakeholders like project management and product management
- Coach and advise on existing and future technologies
What you’ll need
- At least 1 year of experience in designing and building software applications
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Excellent technical knowledge of modern software applications and Java stacks
- Experience with task tracking systems and Wikis for documentation
- Familiarity with data processing, software APIs as well as backend systems
- Knowledge of Java and in operating server-side systems using Linux
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and present, discuss and improve system capabilities and features with a professional level of English
- Analytical thinking and abstraction skills to turn customer requirements into new product features and ability choose the right architecture to implement it
Meet your team
We’re TTI (Traffic and Travel Information), a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We use probe data collected from a community of hundreds of millions of connected devices to develop products and services that help consumers and businesses optimize their journeys. Our team’s flagship service, TomTom Traffic, provides precise real-time and predictive analytics for road users and businesses and their award winning on-street parking service helps people locate that hard-to-find parking spot. On our team, you’ll see your work make a difference in how the world moves.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?