Siemens AG: Software Designer/Developer at Siemens AG (Fredericton, NB, Canada) (Fredericton, NB, Canada)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Siemens Canada Limited Fredericton team is part of the global Digital Grid Software Product House and is focused on developing and delivering software products that enable the green energy systems of the future. We bring the Internet of Things “IoT” to the electrical power grid connected to smart homes, smart devices and smart buildings.
The evolution toward a smarter grid is the most comprehensive, disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid Siemens is looking for a Senior Software Designer/Developer to work on the R&D of its Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS).
As a Software Designer/Developer you play a critical role in helping Siemens achieve high performance in developing their distributed energy management system and smart grid integration of this system. You will operate alongside team members of the software development group, building new software features and exploring new ways of solving complex problems related to the energy domain.
- Develop and write code in Java or other object orientated languages following the team’s coding standards and development process
- Provide reliable and quality design to a variety of complex problems and requirements using sound problem solving techniques
- Utilize software development tools such as IDEs, configuration management system, build processes, etc. on a daily basis
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate design options, offer suggestions and improve processes, and provide comments on software design aspects
- Add value and collaborate with the team by participating in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ years’ experience with Java based web development and Spring framework
- Experience with stream processing technologies such as Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL database management systems, such as Cassandra
- Experience with web services and Service Orientated Architecture
- Experience with object rational mapping technologies
- Experience with SQL databases including Oracle
- Experience with Agile Software Development process
- Full product/software development lifecycle experience
- Full stack development experience an asset
- Excellent Technical troubleshooter
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.