INFICON: Software Developer at INFICON (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Mar 12, 2019
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located in Austin, TX. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
As Software Developer, you are responsible for developing high quality software. You are responsible for ensuring timely execution of new development, ensuring applications meet Client Requirements, and ease of deployment for Clients and Project Management Team. You are expected to work on one or more applications, and you may need to support other applications in need. Reports to the Director of Product Development, FPS.
- Member of Development team responsible for INFICON/FPS product suite
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain world-class database-driven web applications.
- Work closely with other members of the consulting and programming teams.
- Determine appropriate technical solutions and make relevant recommendations to team and clients.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value to clients.
- Be actively involved in projects and motivated with innovative ideas.
- Comfortable with web authoring tools such as Visual Studio
- Strong web development and UI design skills
- Good working knowledge of database design and SQL
- Oracle database knowledge and experience is a plus
- Effective communication, comfortable discussing solutions with team and customers
- Interest in manufacturing industry
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects at the same time
- Must write neat and organized code and maintain documentation
- BS in computer science or similar
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.